Are you a traditional Christmas pudding hater? Maybe just a chocolate LOVER? Either way, you’re going to love our brand new Gluten Free, Sugar Free Chocolate Christmas Pudding recipe.
And yes! We cooked it like a traditional pudding, boiled it in the basin and everything! This means it’s super moist and ridiculously decadent. It reminds us of chocolate mud cake but better because it’s in pudding form. Thanks to Merrymaker Mum for helping us make this recipe, she’s so amazing.
We used Nigella Lawson’s (epic, we know) Chocolate Pudding recipe and made it Merry! AKA we made it gluten free, refined sugar free and grain free (almost dairy free apart from butter!) by swapping out the flour, the sugar and the yoghurt.
You’re welcome Merrymakers! Seriously it was our pleasure, we got to make Chocolate Pudding for darn sake!
Why not make both our traditional pudding recipe (one of our App Only recipes! Super healthy option too), as well as the chocolate pudding for the Christmas dessert buffet? Everyone will be like :O :O :O on Christmas day and will probably ask for a slice of each because duh, pudding rocks.
If you do make our Chocolate Pudding recipe for your Merry Christmas take a photo and share it with us on Facebook and Instagram! We’d love to see it and give it a big love heart.
Sending love and hugs for this holiday season.
Emma + Carla
P.s remember, all of our recipes are added to the Get Merry recipe app, as well as 100+ app only recipes!
At the moment the app is on sale for Christmas, instead of $7.99 it’s just $2.99! You save $5! Yahoo! The app is a one-off payment, no subscriptions, with optional unlockable bundles! <3 You’ll love it, promise! Download here for iPhone and Android!
Gluten free, sugar free chocolate Christmas pudding
STUFF YOU NEED
- 3 cups blanched almond meal
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 g (7 oz) butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut cream canned
- 1 tsp 100% vanilla extract
FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbs coconut cream canned
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp 100% vanilla extract
- Grease a 2 litre pudding basin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the almond meal, cacao, baking powder and mix until combined. Set aside for now.
- In a mix master add the butter and sugar. Beat on high speed until a little fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to beat on low speed.
- Add the coconut cream and vanilla, beat again until combined (it may look curdled, this is ok!).
- Slow add the dry ingredients to the mix master and continue to beat on low until combined.
- Spoon the pudding mixture into the prepared pudding basin. Cover with two sheets of baking paper and clip on the lid.
- Meanwhile, start to boil a large pot of water. Place the pudding basin into the large pot of simmering water (the water should come halfway up the basin).
- Cover with a lid and continue to simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Make sure you keep the water level up.
- Take out of the water carefully. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then remove the lid and baking paper.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes before carefully turning out onto a plate. The pudding would have shrunk slightly, this is normal and will allow you to turn out more easily.
- Let's make the choccy sauce! It's so easy! Just place all the ingredients into your blender and whiz until combined and smooth. You can heat the sauce up in a saucepan or just serve as is.
- Pour some sauce on top of the pudding to serve, then cut slices and serve with extra sauce and coconut icecream! Yum!