This recipe is brought to you by Supabarn. We love them because they have the most amazing health food aisle and we get most if not ALL our healthy ingredients from there. Convenient and healthy!
Say toast 30 times.
What do you put in a toaster?! Definitely NOT toast! But you definitely DO toast up this delish Grain and Gluten Free Raisin Bread!
This is the perfect recipe to make for your Mum this Mother’s Day (which is in like 3 weeks!). We know, it came round quick quick quick!
This is one of the amazing recipes in the Make It Merry Cook Book and it’s ON SALE just for Mother’s Day.
Normally $28, on sale for $21! You can grab your copy here. The sales ends in 5 days!
Ok, back to the recipe.
Who remembers raisin toast? Uh, yep… we do! We seriously used to love it so much, it would quite often be our second breakfast. Yeah, we’d start with a bowl of cereal then we’d move on to the raisin toast.
But who says we have to ‘miss out’?! Definitely not us! We’re all about not missing out. We’re all about deliciousness. And we’re all about that bass. Oh, not really we’re most about this Grain Free and Gluten Free Raisin Bread. Because it’s going to make your mornings that little bit more merry.
We suggest you make a loaf on a Sunday, slice and freeze in to separate slices so you’ve got a whole stack of go-to brekkies for moments when you can’t decide what’s for breakfast. We ALL have those moments.
We also suggest you dollop loads of butter on your toast. Because… yum.
Emma + Carla
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried peaches or apricots chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened raisins
- 1⁄4 cup butter melted
- 1⁄4 cup chia seeds
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup honey (or natural sweetener of choice)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20 x 10 cm (8 x 4 inch) loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place almond meal, chia seeds, coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder in a food processor.
- Whiz until combined.
- Add the butter, honey, eggs and vinegar and whiz until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Transfer this in to a bowl and add the raisins and peaches, mix well.
- Transfer the mixture in to the prepared tin and smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon. Place in the oven for 50 minutes or until it springs back when you lightly touch the top.
- Allow to cool, then turn out and slice.
- This is extra delish served with lemon coconut butter. Just whiz 2 cups of shredded coconut with the juice and rind of a lemon and a teaspoon of cinnamon on high speed until super smooth!