We’re always trying to make our healthy recipes even easier and with fewer ingredients.
We ain’t got time to fluff around to find/buy a bazillion ingredients just to make a healthy loaf.
This healthy apple banana loaf (with no added sugar) has just 6 ingredients. You don’t need any sweetener because the fruit is full of natural yummy sweetness but if you have a sweet tooth, feel free to add a tablespoon or so of your fave natural sweetener (think honey, maple, coconut sugar etc).
You only need 2 bowls, a baking tin and BOOM you’ll have a loaf within 40 minutes.
The best thing about this healthy apple banana loaf is that you can make it at the start of the week and have the ultimate afternoon snack on hand.
Rather than spending anywhere between $5-$10 for one slice of cake/loaf/muffin, you can have an entire loaf for about the price of 1.
We like to make our healthy treats and then (either) slice and freeze for later deliciousness or share with lucky friends.
ALSO, sharing food is the perfect friend maker. If you’ve recently moved to a new city or town, make this loaf, slice it up and share it with your neighbours or colleagues.
We enjoyed ours on a rainy day, post-Yin Yoga… safe to say it was absolute BLISS.
If you make it, take a photo and share it with us on the Socials so we don’t miss it!
This recipe is also now on the Get Merry Recipe App (which has over 500 recipes to make you drool and also make your meal times super Merry!).
Emma + Carla
Healthy apple banana loaf
STUFF YOU NEED
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 2 small apples peeled and chopped about a cup
- 2 cups blanched almond meal
- 125 g (4.4 oz) butter melted or coconut oil/ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20cm x 10 cm (8 x 4 inch) loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a small bowl mash your bananas, add your chopped apple to the bowl and set aside for now.
- In another large bowl add the almond meal.
- Add the butter, vanilla, mashed bananas and apple to the large bowl with the almond meal and stir until combined (taste test here).
- Finally add the eggs and mix once again until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into prepared tin and place into the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool completely before you turn out and slice.
- Serve warm with extra butter and a sprinkle of roasted nuts!