This Healthy Avocado and Mango Salad brings back fun memories of Hot Aussie Christmas Days. Our Auntie Maydie used to bring it every year for our big family Christmas lunch.
Sometimes the thought of fruit in a savoury salad seems super weird. But trust us the combination of Avocado and Mango is #winning. It’s like summer in a salad. Perfect for hot summer days, great for BBQs and maybe the easiest-looks-a-little-bit-fancy salad in the whole universe.
You will make all your guests super merry with this salad! Pretty please make it and tag us in your Instagram photos so we can drool over our phones and be forever reminded of summer days!
Ps. This salad is included in Make it Merry, our healthy cook book!
- 2 mangoes
- 2 avocados
- 150g (5 oz.) rocket leaves
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts (or your favourite nut)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Slice the mangoes and avocados into thin strips.
- For the dressing, simply mix the olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- To make it, lay the rocket leaves on a large platter followed by the sliced mango and avocado.
- Scatter the macadamias over the top. Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Ta-da... talk about easy!
- Perfect for summer BBQs!