Hello, you delicious looking salad you! Seriously, how much do you want to go to town on this BLT salad right now? Yeh, we thought so!
This delish as looking recipe comes from our friend Irena, the foodie behind all the deliciousness of Eat, Drink, Paleo.
How good is it that we can turn our old fave recipes… like the BLT sandwich into a healthier version like a BLT salad. And we vote, the salad is way yummier anyway!
Emma + Carla
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 3-4 rashers of bacon
- 250 g (0.6 lb.) turkey or chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon or yellow mustard
- 2 heads of baby gem lettuce
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 10-12 small semi-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbs. chopped green onions/scallions
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and
- cook until crispy on each side. Remove to a bowl but reserve the cooking fats.
- Spread the chicken slices on a plate and sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders, and paprika. Use your hands to rub over the meat.
- Keeping the frying pan with reserved fats over medium-high heat, add the turkey slices to the pan and fry for 4-5 minutes each side, until well browned.
- Whisk the salad dressing.
- Remove the outer gem lettuce leaves and arrange on a platter. Roughly chop the rest and use as a base.
- Drizzle the dressing and top with grilled turkey, fresh cherry and semi-dried tomatoes, and green onions.
- Add the bacon as whole rashers or cut them up into smaller pieces.
- Finally, slice the avocado and add to the salad.
- Sprinkle with herbs and drizzle with lemon juice to prevent the discolouration and for flavour.
- Swap around ingredients to your preferred veggies and protein.