Oh these this Healthy Gluten Free Paleo Battered Fish and Chips Recipe is all kinds of amazing, magical, epic delishness! This recipe features in our FREE Meal Plan and you can download it right now! PLUS it’s a sneak peek form our Get Merry recipe book! YAY!
So along with this recipe you’ll also get your hands (and mouths) on (and around hah) 15 epic recipes. The other recipes include: white choccy smoothie, mocha chia pudding, big savoury muffins, delish slow cooked Moroccan lamb, Asian zoodles, super merry salad, choc raspberry pancakes, zughetti and meatballs, green vego pizza, berry mousse sundae and MORE!
To get your copy head on over HERE!
OK back to the Healthy Gluten Free Paleo Battered Fish and Chips Recipe. Far out that is a mouth full… a freaking yum as mouth full!
We have the biggest feeling you are going to love this recipe. Not just for the yum factor but for the fun factor! We truly believe that eating healthy never has to be boring or tasteless or hard. This is why ALL our recipes have got to be quick, easy and DELISH!
Let us know how you guys go!
Emma + Carla
P.s Don’t forget to download your free meal plan!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tbs. paprika
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 x 150 g (5 oz.) white fish fillets
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cassava flour or tapioca/arrowroot
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- 200 g (7 oz.) mixed lettuce leaves
- 125 g (4 oz.) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 tbs. dill chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl coat the chopped sweet potato in coconut oil and spices.
- Lay sweet potato onto prepared baking trays, be careful not to overlap too much.
- Place into oven for 20 minutes. Check, turn and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- While the chippies cook, start the fish!
- Cut the fish into smaller pieces or strips.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond meal, cassava flour, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl whisk your eggs.
- Dip fish into egg, then almond meal/cassava and place on to a plate ready to fry.
- Continue until all the fish is coated.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large fry pan to medium-high heat.
- Fry fish for around 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Place on another plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Continue this process until all fish is cooked. By this time the chippies should be ready.
- Serve fish and chips with a mix of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and garnish with dill. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to everything! YUM!
- Don’t feel like pan frying your fish? Simply batter and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.