Does anyone know how to spell donuts properly? Anyway, this time we spelt it like low carb chocolate DOUGHNUTS because we think that’s the Australian spelling. Either way… these low carb doughnuts are freaking delish and need to be in your life. Did you know we’re Aussie? Most people do, except occasionally people think we’re from America, which is weird (especially if you’ve heard us talk haha, definitely Aussie!).
Last weekend we were in Sydney MCing our first ever conference and OH OUR GOSH it was so freaking fun. We’re pretty sure we wanna do more MCing. It was pretty cool that our job for the day was to bring the good vibe level UP. And we just got to be ourselves and have a heap of fun. Yay for that. Yay for being ourselves. Ooo we interrupt this pep talk for a photo of low carb chocolate doughnuts 😉
Sometimes it’s so easy to hide your true self, not be as much as you as you wanna be, not shine as bright, not stand out. But let us tell you… being YOU is your magic. When you are you, that is when you are most beautiful.
We heard the other day that we are each 1 in 400 trillion. That is the chance that you were born to your parents, during this time, this era, on this planet. So yeah, you’re a freaking miracle.
Anyway, these low carb chocolate doughnuts are seriously the goods. They’re gluten free, grain free and sugar free but tasteFULL. They’re definitely our new favourite thing to make.
If you make some of our doughnuts… these chocolate ones OR these vanillary ones be sure to share a pic on social media! Use #GetMerry so we can re-share it and spread all the low carb doughnut love!
Have a beautiful day Team Merry! <3
Emma + Carla
- 1 ¼ cup blanched almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 80 g (2.8 oz.) butter or coconut oil softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs. raw cacao powder
- 2 tbs. xylitol (or natural sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a donut tray OR just use a muffin tray with patty cakes.
- In a large bowl add the almond meal, raw cacao powder, xylitol, baking powder and salt, mix well.
- In your blender or mix master, whiz the coconut milk, butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon out the batter into the donut tray (it will make around 8 donuts).
- Place into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool before turning out onto a wire rack.
- We topped ours with melted sugar free chocolate and a sprinkle of crushed nuts!
- Add some raspberry jam for choc-raspberry jam doughnuts... because FREAKING YUM! OH! Feel free to swap your sweetener to maple, honey, rice malt or coconut sugar!