This amazing macadamia raspberry chocolate slice comes from our Merry recipe contributor, the amazing Carly Hicks of Holistic Life. Over to you Carly! E + C
This epic macadamia raspberry chocolate slice ticks all the boxes when it comes to a dessert that is delicious, yet seriously healthy.
Slices are a great way for a healthy treat from time to time, as you know exactly what is in them as you make the slice at home yourself, but also because they are made with real ingredients that nourish our bodies from within.
This slice contains macadamia nuts which are high in monounsaturated fats, which help to lower LDL cholesterol promoting heart health.
They are also high in flavonoids which is an antioxidant used to prevent inflammation and reduce free radicals in the body that can lead to disease.
The slice also contains pumpkin seeds, which are high in zinc. Zinc is an essential mineral that is used to help support the immune system, and by adding them into this slice it’s a great way to get our recommended dietary intake.
So next time you have an event, or special occasion, why not make this slice, it will be a winner and will leave all your guests going back for more!
- 8 medjool dates
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (soaked overnight)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 tbs. cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup cacao butter melted
- 1/4 cup raspberries chopped finely
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 5 tbs. cacao powder
- 4 tbs. rice syrup
- Slivered Almonds
- Shredded Coconut
- For the base add all ingredients to a high powered food processor and pulse on high for 30-40 seconds or till the nuts are grounded and it forms a dough like texture.
- In a small bread loaf pan line with baking paper and press the mixture onto the bottom of the loaf tin to make the base.
- Place the loaf tin into the freezer while you make the top layer.
- For the top layer add all the top ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir through till it forms a paste.
- Spread the mixture onto the base layer till the base layer is fully covered then add raspberries, slivered almonds, and shredded coconut on top and place back into the freezer to set for another 2 hours.
- This is a great slice for special occasions, such as birthdays, kids parties, and christmas.
Carly’s foodie pictures and recipes are all kinds of magical goodness! We love what she’s all about. A little more from Carly. Check out all her recipes over here. E + C
In 2012 my life would change, it would shift, and I would ultimately come back to myself, to my deepest desires, I would come home.
You see I was 24 years old, and I was a self-confessed party girl. I had no goals, no ambitions, and I was deeply depressed. I partied to escape the pain of growing up in a broken home as a child and I knew deep down I was looking for a way out.
Then in March 2012 exactly 1 week before my 24th birthday I lost one of the closest people in my life, my grandmother, & through the stress of losing her, my body would send me into a healing crisis, a healing crisis that would last 3 years and would be the biggest battle of my life, but a journey my soul was desperately craving.
I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Metaplastic Atrophic Gastritis, due to a combination of genetics and also partly to my hard partying lifestyle. Over the course of 4 years I would experience memory loss, chronic fatigue, unbearable gut flare-ups, and on top of that I was on a low Salicylate diet which left me living on only 4-6 foods.
It was unbearable, and at times I would wish that the world would swallow me whole, but most days I knew that this time was necessary to heal the wounds of my past. To heal my body, my mind, my spirit.
Find out more about Carly over at Holistic Life.