Oh we are beyond excited to tell you all about our newest addition to our kitchen. Introducing you to our brand new Vitamix Ascent Series High Performance Blender. Cue applause!
And when we say we’re excited to tell you about it… we mean we are the most excited we’ve ever (EVER!) been to share everything about our new favourite appliance with you.
We use ours for almost everything! At least once, twice, sometimes three times a day sometimes.
Smoothies (duh), cakes (yes we are serious), sauces and dressings, dips, crackers, muffins, cookies, ice cream and soups. Plus it’s super easy to wash. This means less cleanup time, less cooking time and more lifetime. Tick, tick, TICK!
It makes the best blender bread ever! But before we get into the delish as pizza blender bread recipe, let us tell you a bit more about the Vitamix and why it’s here to stay in the Merrymaker kitchen!
Combining state-of-the-art design with power and precision, it’s the ultimate high-performance blender and really… the only appliance you’ll ever need!
We’ve owned a Vitamix in the past, we bought one each just over 6 years ago because we NEEDED to know how to make our smoothies actually smooth (not icy lumpy ‘smooth’) and the Vitamix was the answer! When we moved to the Gold Coast, we left Mum and Dad with one but took the other.
And now we are excited to upgrade to the Vitamix Ascent (check it out HERE)!
The Ascent series with Bluetooth® connectivity and new SELF-DETECT™ technology, PLUS interlock technology prevents the machine from operating if the lid or container is not secure.
This means less risk of human error! Hooray! Safety is important guys and the Vitamix Ascent has put it at the top of their priority list (thank you!).
Another epic fact about the NEW Vitamix Ascent is the precise speeds, a timer and even program settings like smoothies, soups and frozen desserts! It just makes cooking so easy! It also makes creating our recipes now even better for you because we can tell you exactly what speed and exactly how many seconds to blend it for.
Be sure to follow our Vitamix Ascent journey on our Instagram stories (@themerrymakersisters) to see how it really works! Plus all the fun we have in the kitchen… and then get inspired to make this pizza blender bread recipe.
You’re in for an absolute savoury treat with this blender bread. Yes it tastes like pizza. And yes, all you gotta do is whack everything in the Vitamix, blend and bake. And YES it’s good for you, gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free and only filled with good stuff.
We even put an entire carrot in the blender (usually you’d need to grate it) but because of the Vitamix Ascent’s power… it just blended it right up. Serious YAY for this because just the other day Carla grated her hand and it was horrible.
Anyway, this pizza blender bread is the perfect recipe to whip up for your work week lunches. You can go the extra step and whip up the crunchy pesto to go with it or simply serve it with half an avocado. All your work friends will be super jealous of your tasty as lunch.
Or have it for brekky and keep it simple and serve with butter. Or you could totally fry up bacon, baby spinach and mushrooms for a weekend brunch. OMGOSH you could turn it into a pizza blender bread french toast… ohhh ok ok… our imagination is running wild!
It really is a recipe you can enjoy any time of the day. It makes every healthy dinner better. In winter time, serve with soup. In the summer it’s the perfect addition to your BBQ. You could even grill and make actual pizza sandwiches, top with pesto and cheese. Boom. You have a pizza sandwich.
Ok we are officially hungry now and need to enjoy more of this epic pizza blender bread.
If you make it let us know! Share on the socials and we’ll re-share our fave pics!
Emma + Carla
* It’s an absolute dream to work with a company like Vitamix. We only choose to work with brands and products that 100% align with our vision and mission to inspire a healthier, happier, more love filled planet. Everything we share about Vitamix is an honest and true opinion, it really has changed the way we cook and live. Be sure to check them out.
- 4 short cut rashers bacon chopped
- 1 green capsicum deseeded and diced
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil softened
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup savoury yeast flakes (or grated cheese) + extra
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Pinch of salt
- 1 carrot peeled (grate the carrot if you don’t have a high performance blender like Vitamix!)
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) olives pitted
- 4 tbs 100% tomato paste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- ⅔ cup cashews
- 2 close garlic
- As much fresh basil as your heart desires
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20 x 10cm (8 x 4 inch) loaf tin with baking paper.
- Start with the fillings! In a small fry pan on low-medium heat, place the bacon, capsicum and spring onion. Fry this up until the bacon is nice and crispy. As it’s on low, it will take around 10 minutes and this means you can get onto the next step while it cooks!
- In your blender (we use our Vitamix Ascent Series) mix the eggs and butter on level 1 (low) speed for 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add the chia seeds, coconut flour, yeast flakes (or cheese), herbs and salt.
- Mix again on level 4 (medium) for 30 seconds, then take it to level 8 (high) speed for a further 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add the carrot and mix on high for 1 minute or until the carrot is completely mixed through.
- The bacon mix should be cooked now, add to the Vitamix blender along with the olives and mix on level 1 (low) speed for 30 seconds or until the fillings are just mixed through.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepare tin and spread out the top evenly.
- Place dollops of tomato paste on top and then swirl through with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with extra yeast flakes (or cheese).
- Place in to the oven for 50 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before turning out and slicing into desired sized pieces.
- While the bread cools let’s whiz up that pesto! It’s oh so easy!
- Give your Vitamix blender a quick clean by popping some warm water and a dash of dishwashing liquid and giving it a blitz on level 8. Easy peasy!
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix blender. Mix on level 8 (high speed) for 1 minute or until your pesto is as crunchy or smooth as you like!
- This is the PERFECT recipe to make, slice and freeze separately so you always have a delicious snack on hand! Remember, this is YOUR pizza loaf, so feel free to change up the fillings to whatever your heart desires!