Are you forever talking about adding self-care items to your daily routine and forever forgetting about them or letting your other ‘to-do’s’ take over? We say it’s time for you to take care of yourself… because good health and happiness is infectious!
This is our Merrymaker Self Care Checklist and it takes you through from morning to night. Spending a little time on self LOVE is time well spent. When you love and accept yourself completely, you’ll learn to love others bigger and you will only accept the love you deserve… if you’re wondering, you deserve EPIC love.
Our goal is to tick off at least 5 of these Self Care actions every day! Download and print out a copy of our Merrymaker Self Care Checklist so you can always be reminded! Are there certain things you do every day? Maybe we’re missing something? Let us know by leaving a comment!
- Drink a glass of filtered room temperature water with 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar and juice of half a lemon.
- 10 minute meditation.
- Get moving! We love a morning yoga session or walk.
- Drink a cup of bone broth.
- Eat a delicious and nutritious breakfast. Make sure there are green leafy veggies, some protein and healthy fats!
- Add fermented veggies to your brekky or take a pro-biotic supplement.
- Before you shower spend 5 minutes dry body brushing.
- While you shower, oil pull! Just pop a teaspoon of coconut oil in your mouth and swish around for at least 15 minutes for a great detox. Make sure you spit it out in the bin or garden otherwise it will clog your drain pipes!
- After you shower look in the mirror and repeat your morning affirmation. Some simple affirmations that we love are “I am going to have an amazing day” or “I am beautiful” or “I am abundantly supplied in life, love, happiness and health”.
- Drink at least 2 litres of filtered water throughout the day.
- If you’re a coffee lover, drink it in the morning so it doesn’t impact your sleep. We enjoy a cup of organic coffee with grass fed butter or coconut milk.
- Ensure you eat a lunch packed with nutrients!
- If you work at a desk all day make sure you get up walk/stretch/dance/move at least every hour!
- Add anti-inflammatory foods to one of your meals. Like turmeric or ginger.
- Drink a cup of your favourite herbal tea. We love a mix of liquorice root, rose hip and peppermint in the morning, ginger tea after meals and chamomile at night.
- Sit in the sun for at least 10 minutes and soak up that vitamin D.
- If you’re around negative people through the day make sure you’re aware of this and don’t soak up their negative vibes. Put up your invisible barrier.
- If you didn’t get moving this morning. Get outside and walk/dance/play or do some home yoga or go to your favourite exercise class. Make sure it’s fun and you’re kind to your body!
- Read an informative, interesting or inspirational article or chapter of the book you’re reading.
- If you’re craving something sweet, enjoy a handful of berries. Say no to the sugary unnatural ‘foods’!
- Checkout your favourite healthy blogs for recipe inspiration.
- Enjoy cooking and eating a healthy dinner with loved ones or with your own amazing company.
- Write in your journal. We love to write three things we’re grateful for everyday.
- Hug your favourite people. Hugging makes you feel good!
- Cleanse and moisturise your face with natural skin products. No chemicals necessary!
- Get to bed! We feel our bests after 8 hours of sleep, we make this a priority!
Emma + Carla