We say this a lot but less time spent in the kitchen means more time living our lives.
Yes, we love to cook, we love food, we are passionate about all of it! BUT it doesn’t mean we love to spend hours and hours in the kitchen each and every week.
To be honest, less time in the kitchen is the best thing ever!
Especially less time washing up!
So this means our one dish healthy satay chicken recipe is the ultimate healthy weeknight dinner recipe. We have a feeling you are going to love it!
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also good for you and it’s the easiest recipe in the world. All of the recipes included in the MerryEats 2 Week Meal Plan Program are easy peasy. Oh, far out we are beyond excited to tell you more!
If you make this delish as and easy weeknight dinner recipe let us know! Share your pics on social media. We love seeing them!
Emma + Carla
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (or tahini)
- 3 tbs tamari sauce
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 cm (1 inch) ginger diced
- 500 g (1 lb) chicken thighs cut in half
- 1 bunch asparagus ends snapped spears cut in half
- 300 g (10 oz) green beans ends trimmed
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup peanuts (or cashews)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Combine the peanut butter, tamari, coconut oil, turmeric, garlic and ginger in a baking dish and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces to the baking dish, turn the chicken to coat. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, add the asparagus, beans, onion, peanuts. Place back into the oven for about 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with fresh lemon.
- If you like it hot... add chilli flakes!