Before we get into our paleo apple cinnamon muffin recipe we wanted to talk all things listsYou may remember that we LOVE lists, in fact we write them for everything. It helps us see our goal and reach it faster. Plus you can’t beat the feeling of looking at a finished list (with crosses or ticks next to every ‘to-do’).
Today we were talking about flossing, and how we hadn’t flossed in a while (gross). So it has come to our attention that we even need a list for the little tasks we face every day. Not a to-do list but more a don’t forget to… list. So, here’s our daily don’t forget to…list, merrymaker style.
- eat breakfast
- brush your teeth
- pack your lunch
- say good bye, followed by I love you
- put your seatbelt on
- stick to the speed limit
- say good morning to your colleagues
- stand up and stretch (desk jobs are so bad for us!)
- say please + thank you (sounds simple enough but it’s the little things that count)
- have a lunch break (tell your boss to as well…or if you are the boss, lead by example)
- eat something yummy + healthy for lunch
- see the sun
- laugh a lot
- drink lots of water
- brush your teeth (again…AND FLOSS!)
- say good night, followed by I love you
It’s a good feeling when these to-do’s are all ticked off. What are your daily don’t forget to’s? We would love to hear them.
We should have added don’t forget to cook something new! So here’s our paleo apple + cinnamon muffin recipe, they are absolutely delish (even our Dad approved of them!)
e + c
- 200g sweet potato, peeled, diced + cooked
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 eggs
- 100g of pitted dates, soaked in boiling water (minimum 15 minutes)
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil melted
- 1 tbs. raw honey
- 1/3 cup of chia flour (or coconut flour or almond meal)
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda.
- 1 tbs. arrowoot flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs. cinnamon
- 2/3 cup of mixed seeds or nuts
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Prepare a 12 x muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Puree the sweet potato until smooth, we use our Vitamix.
- Add the eggs, banana and drained dates and continue to puree.
- Add the melted oil and honey and whiz one last time.
- Pour the mix into a bowl and add your dry ingredients: chia flour, coconut flour, baking soda, arrowoot flour, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix well until combined.
- Now add your seeds/nuts and apple to the mix and stir well.
- Place large spoonfuls of mixture into the prepared muffin cases and into the preheated oven for around 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with some extra coconut oil or nut butter.
- You can swap the flavour around with these muffins. Why not try raspberry, blueberry or choc chip (using cacao nibs)?!