Hi all merrymaker sistsers’ readers!
My name is Emma and so excited to share my Paleo Apple Walnut Scones recipe with you all! I’m a Swedish Paleo Diet Hoarder and I run one of Sweden’s biggest paleo blogs: Primal Life. I update my blog daily with recipies and tips on how to eat healthy.
My plan is to start an english blog too in the near future since I have thousands of followers on Instagram with English as their native language…so when I do I’ll let you know for sure! ; )
I have been eating strict paleo since June last year (even though I cheat sometimes with a little Greek or Turkish yogurt once in while). Before I figured out that paleo is the coolest diet on earth, I tried both the LCHF diet (low carb high fat) and High Raw Vegan Diet.
Both of these diets focus on high quality foods just like the paleo diet, but one of them has almost only animal protein and low carb veggies and and the other one has only veggies, fruits and nuts. I never felt complete to just eat LOTS of animal products with no fruits or starchy veggies with LCHF…and I missed eating, sea food, meat and chicken when I ate High Raw Vegan, as there were no animal products at all.
So when I found the paleo diet everything just clicked, I had found what my body wanted and what my body is genetically designed to eat. The more I read about it, the more convinced I got and I have never looked back since I started eating paleo. It’s just awesome since it’s more of a lifestyle then a diet, it just feels so right!
I have so much energy and I really need that energy since I do CrossFit (which is really tough). I’m sure that the paleo diet will help me get even more stronger so I can lift heavier and run faster in my CrossFit workouts.
The best part though about eating paleo is that I have made so many great friends all over the world, like e & c. It feels like we all are a big paleo family who try to make an impact on the world. There is no better feeling than getting mail or a message on Instagram from someone who has cooked or baked something from one of my recipes, it just makes my day.
It’s also such a great feeling and a blessing when someone tells you that they have started eating paleo because of me…little me who just loves to cook yummy food in the countryside in Sweden! Crazy!
So I just want to say thank you to all of you who are reading blog and Instagram. You are the BEST.
Here is a recipe that I truly love, paleo apple and walnut scones…YUM!
Much love, Emma
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups finely chopped up apple
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup ruffly chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 175*C or 350*F
- Combine eggs, chopped apple and raisins in a food processor till smooth on medium speed.
- Mix all the dry ingredients well in a large bowl and add to the egg batter while the food processor is running on low speed.
- Slowly pour down the melted coconut oil and the walnuts till everything is mixed well.
- Pour over the the batter to a parshment lined 20 x 20 cm baking pan, or so the batter has a hight of 2 cm in the pan.
- Bake for about 20-30 min or till it’s really golden.
- Let cool and cut in desired sizes.
- Then spread a thick layer of organic butter (preferably grassfed) and raw honey on top. HOLY MOLY. You will thank me later!
- If you want it even yummier, yes it can get yummier, you can roast them in the oven for few minutes or so, or in a bread roaster. Then spread the butter and honey on top then just ENJOY!