One flavour that we’ve struggled to get exactly right is BBQ. When we google BBQ sauces it seems there’s an endless list of ingredients that create the perfect BBQ sauce… and to tell you the truth? Ain’t nobody got time for that! The day will come when we tick off ‘create our own paleo BBQ sauce’ and we’ll share it with you for sure, but in the meantime we’re excited to have found a paleo friendly bottled variety! Yay! And it’s really good! In fact, we’ve been dressing lots of meals with this sauce: salads, stir frys, meat marinades you name it.
What exactly is it? The BBQ sauce is made from coconut blossom nectar (this is from the coconut palm, harvesters climb the tree, bind new flower buds together, slice the end off and collect the sweet dripping sap!), garlic and sea salt. The nectar is naturally sweet (with just 1g of sugar per 100mL), has a low GI of 35, contains 17 amino acids as well as Vitamin B and C! The Niulife variety is also 100% certified organic! Thank you, we’ll take 10 bottles!
You can read more about the BBQ sauce and coconut nectar here.
Just one of the many meals we’ve created using our new found love is this quick and easy paleo BBQ pork with zoodles. It’s super yum and sure to please most taste buds! If pork isn’t your thing, swap for your favourite meat or ramp up the amount of veggies!
What other meals should we make using this paleo friendly BBQ sauce? Maybe ribs? Yum, ribs.
Emma + Carla
- 500g pork mince (you can use all kinds of mince)
- 400g button mushrooms sliced
- 3 zucchinis peeled lengthways
- 4 shallots chopped
- handful of fresh coriander chopped (or your favourite herb)
- 3 tbs. Niulife BBQ sauce
- 1 tbs. dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- In a large fry pan on high heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the shallots, chilli and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the pork mince and fry for about 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Stir through the mushrooms and zucchini noodles, it's best to use tongs.
- Add the Niulife BBQ sauce and coriander and give it one last stir.
- Season with salt and pepper and a little extra chilli flakes.
Buy Niulife BBQ sauce online!