Yes you are 100% gonna wanna go and make these paleo choc-chip pancakes with nut butter and berry jam!
Thanks to SBS for taking the amazing, drool-worthy photo! We thought very highly of you until you treated us horribly on your TV show. Urgh!
But still! Our recipe is great.
Emma + Carla
Paleo choc-chip pancakes with nut butter and berry jam
STUFF YOU NEED
FOR THE JAM
- 2 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or water
FOR THE NUT BUTTER
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup macadamias
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
FOR THE PANCAKES
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup nut butter
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- ½ cup good quality sugar free dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tsb butter
- To make the jam, in a saucepan over low heat, combine the berries, chia seeds and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Keep stirring until the berries become soft, about 5-8 minutes.
- Take the jam off the heat and mash the berries with a fork.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool in the fridge while making the nut butter and pancakes.
- To make the nut butter, place all ingredients except coconut oil in a food processor or high powered blender and pulse.
- Add coconut oil slowly until a smooth butter forms.
- Place in a bowl and set aside (you’ll need to use some in and on the pancakes).
- To make the pancakes, place all of the ingredients except the chocolate and butter into a food processor or high powered blender. Whiz until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl, add the chocolate and stir through.
- Melt ½ tablespoon of butter in large frypan over medium heat and place about ¼ cup of batter in each half of the frypan, cooking 2 pancakes at a time. The batter will be quite runny.
- Cook pancakes until small air bubbles form on top, this will take around 3-4 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula and press slightly so the batter cooks evenly.
- Cook for a further 1-2 minutes and place on a plate, cover with foil.
- Continue to cook pancakes until all the batter is used, about 8 pancakes in total.
- Serve pancakes with a generous spoon of nut butter and a dollop of jam.
- Add maple syrup and mixed berries. Becuase YUM!
Merrymaker Sisters | MerryBody Online Studio: Unlimited Yoga, Pilates and Meditation https://themerrymakersisters.com/