Did you know that cauliflower has been tipped to be the next ‘it’ vegetable for 2015? Well, we could have told you that! We’ve been making recipes with cauliflower for ages… cauliflower pizza, cauliflower pita bread, roast cauliflower, cauliflower salads and of course cauliflower rice! We’ve remade our Paleo Fried Cauli Rice because we wanted a pretty new photo and we just wanted to eat it again… seriously DROOL WORTHY! Not only delicious, cauliflower has some super powers which we’re sure will inspire you to whiz up this Paleo Fried Cauli Rice even more!
Why is cauliflower good for me?
- helps the body to detox toxins.
- contains a heap of antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients! Including Vitamin C, K, B6, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fibre, folate, potassium, and manganese. Yes. A LOT of good things! You should eat it!
- cauliflower is a great source of choline! Choline is a B Vitamin and promotes brain development… yes! Cauliflower not only LOOKS like a brain… but HELPS your brain too!
- cauliflower improves blood pressure and kidney function because of the sulforaphane (long word!).
- cauliflower is anti-inflammatory! Boom! YAY! Eat it!
What are you waiting for? Go and grab a cauliflower and make a batch of our Paleo Fried Cauli Rice! You are seriously going to LOVE it!
Emma + Carla
p.s this recipe features in our Make It Merry cookbook along with 70 other quick, easy and delish recipes to boost your health and happiness!
- 1 cauliflower cut in to florets
- 16-20 cooked prawns
- 10 button mushrooms sliced
- 5 shallots sliced
- 4 rashers bacon diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tbs. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor pulse the cauliflower florets until they resemble 'rice' (or you can grate them!).
- In a wok melt the coconut oil on high heat.
- Add the shallots, chilli flakes, ginger and bacon. Cook until the bacon is crispy.
- Add the capsicum, mushrooms and prawns. Stir fry for around 4 minutes.
- Crack the eggs in to the fry pan and continue to stir fry until the egg is cooked.
- Add the grated cauliflower and mix until combined.
- Finally add the coconut aminos, sesame oil, salt and pepper, stir fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with some extra shallots!
- You really can add any veggies you like to this recipe! Think zucchini, carrot or even broccoli!