Recently we had a look through some of our old blog posts and compared them to the more recent ones…and we don’t mean to sound un-modest (that’s not a word) BUT, how much better are our photos looking?! All thanks to better lighting and a super dooper awesome camera. Pretty photos make us happy and give the tasty food justice. It’s like the you can almost smell the paleo mustard tomato meatballs and caramelised onions cooking!
If anyone’s interested, we were using a Nikon but C recently got a sony digital SLR for her birthday and it is super easy to use (we are currently using it on automatic but are working our way through the instruction manual…anyone know of good sony camera blogs where we can learn some tricks?!)
Enjoy these tasty little bites of deliciousness.
e + c
- 1/2 an onion, roughly chopped.
- 2 tbs. of mustard, ensure there are no hidden nasties (we used strong dijon).
- 2 tbs. tomato paste, same as above (we don't want nasties like sugar or added salt!)
- 1 egg.
- 500 g minced meat (we used a mix of pork + veal).
- coconut oil for the pan.
- In your food processor (we use our Vitamix), whiz the onion, mustard, tomato paste + egg till smooth.
- Transfer the mix into a bowl with the mince. Mix well until combined (you might need to get your hands dirty here).
- Roll the mince mix into tablespoon sized balls.
- In a high heat fry pan melt a tsp of coconut oil. Once heated, place the meatballs into the fry pan and cook each side for around 2-3 minutes or until brown + cooked through.
- Serve immediately on a big platter with caramelised onion on top! YUM. Perfect for afternoon snacks.
- merrymaker tip.
- Any left overs can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for brekky, lunch or dinner! They should last for around 4 days (meal prep made easy!)