No need to order fried rice when our paleo nasi goreng ticks all the boxes: quick, simple and delish!
Emma + Carla
paleo nasi goreng.
stuff you need
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 3 rashers of bacon diced
- 2 half chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 200 grams peeled, cooked prawns
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced (or grated)
- 6 shallots chopped (this includes an extra one for garnish)
- 2 tbs. coconut aminos (this is a soy sauce replacement)
- 1 tbs. sesame oil
- coconut oil for the pan
- an egg per person
- Grate the florets of cauliflower (or you can use a food processor or Vitamix). The cauliflower should be a rice-like texture. Leave this for now.
- In a pan (or wok), on high heat, sauté some coconut oil, garlic, ginger, chilli and onion.
- Add the bacon and cook until a little crispy.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add the prawns, carrot and (five) shallots.
- Sitr fry well (does it smell amazing yet?!)
- Add the grated cauliflower, coconut aminos and sesame oil.
- Keep stirring well until the cauliflower is cooked to your liking (we don't like it too soft).
- Serve in bowls with a fried egg and fresh shallots on top!
- Traditionally this is served with crushed peanuts (you can do this if you like) or keep it paleo with some sunflower kernels!
The Merrymaker Sisters | Easy Healthy Recipes + Online Yoga and Pilates Program https://themerrymakersisters.com/