This paleo paella recipe is from our Get Merry recipe book and we’re sharing it with you because right now (from today until 14 December 2018) you can grab a copy of our book for 50% off. Just $19.99!
Plus we will gift wrap and confetti it for you so as soon as you receive your copy it’s ready to place under the Christmas tree.
The book has 95 of our BEST EVER healthy recipes. They’re all sugar free, grain free, gluten free and mostly dairy free and of course, they’re all DELICIOUS!
Ok, more about this epic paleo paella recipe. If you’ve never heard of paella, it’s a Spanish dish made with rice, veggies, meat and seafood with delicious saffron. It’s all kinds of amazing and actually really easy to make.
Our paleo version obviously does not include rice, because it’s grain free! We used cauli rice (grated cauliflower) and we think it’s just as yummy! It’s the perfect dinner recipe if you’re trying to lower your carbs.
It’s also the perfect dinner recipe for your next gathering. Cook it in a big shallow fry pan, place on the table and serve straight from the pan… all your dinner guests will love you forever and ever!
If you make this easy, healthy dinner recipe and LOVE it be sure to check out the Get Merry recipe book. You don’t want to miss out on the 50% sale!
Emma + Carla
- 12 green prawns, peeled, tails on
- 2 chicken thighs chopped
- 2 chorizo sausages, skin off and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 1 red chilli sliced
- 1 cup pitted black olives sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock (or bone broth)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (or stock)
- 1 tbs. 100% tomato paste
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. saffron threads (optional)
- coconut oil or butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon quartered
- 2 tbs. fresh chopped parsley
- Grate the cauliflower florets into ‘rice’. Or you can use a food processor and whiz!
- Heat a little coconut oil in a large fry pan on high heat.
- Add the chorizo and quickly fry for 1-2 minutes until just brown.
- Yum! Set aside for now.
- Add the prawns to the fry pan (no need to clean pan!) and fry each side for a minute. Set aside.
- If you need, add a little more oil, and add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes until all sides are sealed and a little brown. Set aside!
- Turn the heat down to medium add the onion, garlic, chilli, tomatoes, capsicum and olives. Fry for 2 minutes or until the onion just starts to soften.
- Add the paprika and saffron and continue to stir fry.
- Now add the stock, wine, tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Allow the mix to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cauli-rice, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally add the chicken, prawns and chorizo back to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes or until everything is heated through to your liking.
- Serve with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon!
- Add mussels if you like them!