We’re on day 10 of our Whole30, going strong and feeling AH-mazing ! Lucky for you we made this drool-worthy Paleo Peach Vanilla Crumble for you last month and put it in our ‘to share later’ bank (yep, we have a ‘to share later’ bank!). We told you we weren’t going to leave you healthy sweet treat deprived! The best thing about this sweet treat is that it actually is REALLY, REALLY healthy, look at the ingredients: peach, coconut, vanilla, walnuts and coconut oil! That’s it! Boom!
We always get asked what vanilla we choose to use because some extracts/essences have nasties secretly hidden in them… and that just ain’t cool! We use Heilala Vanilla products which are 100% vanilla. The taste is epic vanillary-ness AND they’re fair trade, so they tick loads of boxes for us. You should be able to find it at your local supermarket but you can also check them out online! We used yummy vanilla powder in this recipe but you could also use extract or real vanilla beans!
If you LOVE this recipe you might also like our Mango Vanilla Raspberry Raw Cake! Another totally delicious sweet treat, plus it’s really pretty.
Emma + Carla
p.s this recipe features in our Make It Merry cookbook along with 70 other quick, easy and delish recipes to boost your health and happiness!
- 6 peaches sliced
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or ghee melted
- 1 tsp Heilala vanilla powder (or extract/bean)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180*C.
- Place the peach slices in a baking dish, slightly overlapping each other and covering the entire base.
- Pour the lemon juice over the peaches and leave for now.
- In a bowl combine the shredded coconut, walnuts, vanilla and salt.
- Add the melted coconut oil to the dry ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble mix evenly on top of the peaches.
- Place in to the oven for 10 minutes. Cover with foil and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately or save for later!
- Leftovers make for the PERFECT breakfast! Serve with some coconut yoghurt! Yum!