When we say popcorn… you say chicken…
Heck to the freaking yeah! We’ve been talking about this paleo popcorn chicken for so long. Because really, who doesn’t want bite sized pieces of crispy chicken in their belly? Yeah. We thought so. It’s totally #getinmabelly goodness.
Ever since we made Paleo Chicken Schnitzel, part of the Make Life Merry Challenge we haven’t been able to stop thinking or talking about POPCORN… CHICKEN!
The thought process was pretty simple: hmm… imagine if we could make paleo popcorn chicken? That would be epic-ly yum and probably everyone would really love to eat that. Because we really would love to eat that.
Yeah, we should make paleo popcorn chicken!
So… we DID!
Are we right in thinking you’d love paleo popcorn chicken just as much as us? We think yes! Yet ANOTHER super ridiculously quick, easy and delish recipe!
Serve it as part of a party platter… or even for dinner! Paleo popcorn chicken anytime of the day goes!
Emma + Carla
p.s if you LOVE this recipe, then you’ll LOVE our book: Make It Merry! It has a bunch of yummy, healthy snack recipes plus over 60 others!
paleo popcorn chicken
Stuff you need
- 500g (1 lbs.) chicken mince
- 1/4 cup cassava flour (or tapioca flour)
- 2 tbs. coconut oil/butter/ghee
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl mix the cassava flour with some salt and pepper.
- Roll teaspoon fulls of chicken mince in to balls then coat with the cassava flour mix.
- Set aside on a plate until you use up all the mince.
- In a fry pan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Place the popcorn chicken in to the fry pan and cook for 5 minutes, turn and cook for a further 10 minutes or until cooked through. You may need to add a little extra coconut oil as you go.
- Serve with sugar free tomato sauce!
- You can also bake these in a 180°C (350°F) oven for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Feel free to add extra herbs and spices for flavour, we kept it simple!
Merrymaker Sisters | MerryBody Online Studio: Unlimited Yoga, Pilates and Meditation https://themerrymakersisters.com/