We love our paleo ‘potato’ cauli-leek soup because it boosts our immunity and warms our tummies! We chose not to eat white potato due to the high starch content plus they a very high in carbohydrates. This is a personal choice for us as we’ve come to realise feel best on high fat, low carbs diets… unless we do a MASSIVE workout!! Ahh love this soup!
Emma + Carla
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped into florets
- 4 rashers of bacon, diced
- coconut oil for pan
- 1 litre of water
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- salt + pepper for seasoning
- chives to garnish, chopped
- Heat coconut oil in large saucepan.
- Sauté leeks and bacon till soft.
- Add cauliflower, stir till combined.
- Add water slowly, depending on how big the cauliflower is, you may need a little less or more.
- Add almond milk.
- Season with salt n pepper.
- Bring to the boil and then turn heat down and allow the soup to simmer until the cauliflower is soft.
- Use a stick blender to puree the soup.
- Season with extra salt n pepper if required.
- Garnish with fresh chives.