We’re having a serious love affair with roast pumpkin at the moment, especially this yummy paleo roasted spiced pumpkin! It’s perfect served hot or cold! Great as a summer BBQ side salad or an amazing addition to a winter’s roast!
We think you’re really going to love it! But wait, there’s more!
What makes this recipe even more drool-worthy is the macadamia dressing! It’s based on a Greek recipe (so yes, there is garlic involved!) and it’s so easy to make! The dressing also makes the dish look a little fancy… well we think so!
We hope you enjoy these easy and delish paleo roasted spiced pumpkin and macadamia dressing recipes! If you do… we’d love to see your delicious pictures on Instagram and Facebook! Make sure you use the hashtag #themerrymakersisters …. remember when we didn’t use hashtags?! Crazy!
Emma + Carla
- 1.5 kg of your favourite pumpkin (we used a mix of kent, jap & butternut!)
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- 1 tbs. paprika
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and preheat oven to 180*C.
- Slice all the pumpkin, we like to leave the skin on. It looks good and it's way easier!
- Place all the pumpkin on the baking trays.
- Drizzle the pumpkin with the macadamia oil.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin with cinnamon, paprika and coconut sugar.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, turn the pumpkin slices and place back in to the oven for another 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor (we use our Vitamix) and whiz until completely smooth. Have a taste to check if it needs a little more salt & pepper.
- We served our roasted spiced pumpkin on a bed of baby spinach and rocket leaves, drizzled with the macadamia dressing. Yes, it was as delicious as it looks!