Mum’s taught us heaps of things and her paleo spaghetti bolognese recipe is one of our most favourite lessons. We repaid her this week by teaching her how to do burpees…she will thank us later (maybe).
Emma + Carla
paleo spaghetti bolognese recipe.
stuff you need
- 500g beef mince
- 2 sticks of celery chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 rashers of bacon diced
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of tomato paste (check the ingredients and make sure it is 100% tomatoes)
- 2 cups water
- salt + pepper for seasoning
- coconut oil for the pan
- In a large fry pan on high heat, cook the onion, garlic and bacon until soft.
- Add the mince and stir until brown.
- Mum says: throw everything else in. So this means the carrots, celery, basil, oregano, cinnamon, tomato paste and water.
- Bring to the boil.
- Now turn down the heat to low-medium, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Season with salt n pepper.
- We served ours on a bed of roasted sweet potato (YUM and sounds fancy) but you could enjoy this hearty meal with anything...or nothing if you like!
The Merrymaker Sisters | Easy Healthy Recipes + Online Yoga and Pilates Program https://themerrymakersisters.com/