We didn’t think we liked salmon cakes either! But ohhhhh wow, these paleo Thai salmon cakes are all kinds of YUM! They’re also super easy to whip up and a very cost-effective healthy dinner option.
If you make them let us know, or any other Merrymaker recipe for that matter! We’d love to hear all about it. And see pictures… obviously! Share a pic to your Instagram story.
This recipe is also now on the Get Merry recipe app! The app is one of the easiest ways to access all our healthy recipes. There are over 500 epic and easy healthy recipes on that app now. And the recipe library continues to grow! You can download it on Android and iPhone OVER HERE.
Ok, go get cooking!
Emma + Carla
P.s also… did you know we teach Yoga, Pilates and Meditation online? You can trial out our Studio for FREE for 7 days HERE!
Paleo Thai Salmon Cakes and Crunchy Salad
STUFF YOU NEED
FOR THE SALMON CAKES
- 400 g (14 oz) wild caught canned salmon, drained
- 350 g (12 oz) sweet potato, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 2 shallots (scallions) sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 2 2 tbs fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
- salt and pepper
- oil for the pan
- 200 g (7 oz) snow peas sliced
- 2 carrots cut into match sticks
- 1 cucumber cut into match sticks
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbs fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tbs coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs sesame seeds salt
- In a bowl add all the salmon cake ingredients, except the oil and mix well.
- Use a 1⁄2 measuring cup to scoop, roll and flatten mixture into cakes.
- This should make about 8 salmon cakes.
- In a medium heat fry pan melt a little coconut oil and fry until golden, flip and fry the other side Continue to cook all the cakes.
- To make the salad simply mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve salmon cakes on top of crunchy salad.