We have a feeling you will love these parmesan cheese crackers, 3 core ingredients that you probably have in your cupboard right now. Add a little oil, salt and pepper and boom you’ve got yourself some tasty as crackers.
We made this recipe back when we were ‘low carb’ AKA scared of carbs. The funny thing is, when you do try to be a ‘healthy person’ or lead a ‘healthy lifestyle’, often you get obsessed and also frightened of certain foods.
We grew up fearing fat because of the marketing and seeing that damn food pyramid on the back of every cereal packet. Then once we unlearned that, we became fearful of grains, carbs and sugar. You see, it’s not actually the food that is the problem it was our relationship to food in general. It was that mindset of, if I eat this high carb bowl of pasta I’m obviously going to get fat and also create so much inflammation in my body and die. Ok, maybe we exaggerate, but only slightly. And we can unpack and analyse all the BS within this old belief system but really, today, we’re just here for the parmesan cheese crackers!
Make these crackers and enjoy every little bite. But also, if you have big rules with your diet and food choices, if these rules are in place to maintain your body and your health we invite you to break them every once in a while (if you want to anyway).
Sometimes it’s the diets that bring more stress and inflammation to the body, even more than the ‘bad food’ you might eat.
Have any questions? Or want to learn more about how we got through these mindsets? Get in touch and ask away. Or sign up to MerryBody, your first 7 days are free.
Parmesan cheese crackers
STUFF YOU NEED
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs. coconut or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, it will form a sticky dough.
- Place the dough onto the prepared baking tray and place another sheet of baking paper over the dough.
- Use a rolling pin, or a glass bottle to roll out the dough to about 5mm thick. Peel off the top sheet of baking paper.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese if you like (we recommend it).
- Place into the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool, break up the crackers into desired size.
- Serve with your favourite dip. Or extra cheese!