Usually, we love our sweet pancakes but woah these pumpkin pancakes with smoked salmon and avocado might just be our new fave healthy brekky recipe.
And yes we’re usually bacon girls but WOW smoked salmon is freaking delicious. And let’s be honest, probably better for us than bacon (haha nooooo).
This recipe is from our Get Merry recipe book. There are over 90 of our best healthy recipes inside that book. All of them are gluten free, grain free, dairy free plus refined sugar free.
But most importantly they’re all easy to make!
Pumpkin pancakes with smoked salmon and avocado
- 200 g (7 oz ) pumpkin cubed and cooked
- 5 eggs
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 tbs almond meal
- salt and pepper
- coconut oil
- 150 g (5 oz ) smoked salmon
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 tbs natural or coconut yoghurt (optional)
- 1 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- In a blender add all the pancake ingredients and whiz until combined.
- In a fry pan on medium heat, melt a little coconut oil Pour 1⁄4 cups of batter into the fry pan.
- Cook for 6 minutes Slow and low heat is important so they don't break when you flip them!
- Flip VERY carefully to cook the other side until golden, this will be about 2 minutes.
- Continue to cook the rest of the pancakes It should make about 6.
- Once cooked serve with smoked salmon, slices of avocado, dollop of yoghurt and fresh parsley.
- You can serve with bacon instead of salmon. You’re welcome!