It’s a known fact that we LOVE anything chocolate. We definitely eat cacao at least once a day. It’s like really good for you and is packed full of magnesium and opens your pineal gland making you way more magical. There is logic to our chocolate love.
And this Raw Bounty Bar is the GOODS. It’s chocolate + coconut heaven.
We’re all about sharing and we’re all about making friends. We have a heap of friends on the internet. The best ones are the ones we get to eventually meet IRL.
Like Vanessa from Becomingness! YAY! We love all her recipes, they’re super pretty, easy and delish. Plus she’s just lovely.
These Raw Bounty Bars are the serious goods and just a little example of the kind of good recipes Vanessa creates.
If you were like us, and didn’t like bounty bars as kids… well forget that… because these taste REALLY good. It’s actually weird that we didn’t used to like coconut. We thought it was gross. But now coconut everything is a-ok! It’s better than ok… it’s celebrated! Yum! Coconut!
So! Go ahead and make these AMAZING Raw Bounty Bars and let us know how you like them!
We might add raspberries to our filling next time… because that would be like a cherry ripe… but with raspberries.
Emma + Carla
P.s thanks again to Becomingness for sharing this goodness with us!
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw honey, maple or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp. 100% 100% vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbs. natural sweetener
- Line a 20 cm (8 inch) square baking tray.
- Start with the coconut filling.
- Add the coconut oil and coconut milk to a medium size bowl and whisk to combine well (you want to make sure that there is no separation between the oil and milk).
- Next, add the sweetener vanilla and salt and mix well. T
- hen, add the shredded coconut and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking tray and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Take out and cut into squares and freeze for another 30 minutes.
- To make the chocolate coating, place all ingredients in to your blender or food processor (we use our Vitamix but a thermomix would work well too).
- Whiz until smooth, scraping the edges as you go.
- This will take around 5 minutes - the friction from the whizzing will combine and melt all the ingredients to this perfect smooth chocolatey goodness.
- Take the coconut squares out of the freezer, dip each piece into the chocolate sauce and place on a lined baking tray.
- Freeze until the chocolate has hardened, around 20 minutes.
- Prepare another batch of chocolate coating and dip the raw bounty bars a second time and freeze again! Super chocolatey goodness!