We shared a pic of this Get Merry App exclusive raw mocha tart recipe to Instagram the other day and it got a lot of attention (for good reason hehe) so we thought we better share the recipe to the blog! It’s just too good!
Really, mocha is the ultimate flavour… chocolate and coffee, does it really get much better than this?!
And seriously, go past Emma and Carla… the tart decoration is absolutely on point. But really, you just can’t go past chucking a bunch of fruit on a tart, can you?!
We highly recommend you make this epic healthy tart… it’s an absolute show stopper and will impress the socks off of anyone you serve it too!
Also, please share a pic with us! We love seeing them.
Emma + Carla
P.s download the Get Merry App HERE and get 500+ healthy recipes conveniently on your phone! BOOM!
Raw mocha tart
STUFF YOU NEED
For the crust
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) pitted medjool dates soak them in boiling water for 10 mins, then drain
- 2 cups dessicated coconut
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbs. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. ground coffee beans
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the filling
- 2 cups cashews to make extra creamy soak in water for 1 hour or up to overnight, then drain
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut milk canned
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Line or grease a 24 cm (10 inch) tart tin.
- Start with the base. Place the dates, coconut oil and vanilla into a blender or food processor, whiz until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the cashews, coconut, cacao, coffee, salt and whiz again until just smooth.
- Press the base into the tart tin evenly. Don’t forget the sides!
- Bonus tart tip: to make your base really strong, be sure to build up the base where the bottom and sides meet.
- Place into the freezer.
- Now onto the filling!
- Place all the ingredients into your blender (no need to rinse) and whiz until smooth. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Take the base out of the freezer and spoon the filling into the base, smooth out the top with the back of spoon.
- Place into the freezer for 2 hours or until set.
- Top with fresh/frozen berries, buckwheat, coconut or whatever you want really!
- Slice and NOM NOM NOM!