It’s officially slow cooker weather! We know you’re going to love this slow cooked Moroccan lamb with sweet potato and cauliflower recipe. It’s super easy to make as we are lazy cooks (haha). It really is good for you, as it’s simply filled with wholesome ingredients. It’s also gluten free, dairy free, grain free and refined sugar free.
This recipe is officially the best weeknight dinner recipe. It will add something a little different to your weekly cooking plan, we all need this from time to time! Not sure about you but we both end up making the same thing each and every week, and we’re not worried at all but every now and then it’s fun to surprise and delight ourselves and the other people we cook for.
We know most slow cooker recipes are easy but this one is literally a gather all ingredients and throw them in the pot easy. In the recipe you’ll see we fry the meat before to get more flavour, but as we mentioned above we are lazy cooks (haha) and sometimes skip this step. It’s true, we’d rather spend our time doing some delicious Yin Yoga (you can try one of our classes here!) than cook!
If you do make this slow cooked Moroccan lamb with sweet potato and cauliflower recipe we’d love to hear about it! Send us a pic on social media, you can find us at @themerrymakersisters on Instagram.
Emma + Carla
Slow Cooked Moroccan Lamb with Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Recipe
STUFF YOU NEED
FOR THE SLOW COOKED LAMB
- 1 kg lamb diced (casserole meat or shoulder)
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander (cilantro)
- 1 cup beef stock (or bone broth)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 cm (1/2 inch) piece ginger grated
- oil for pan
- salt and pepper
- In a large fry pan on medium, add a little oil. Cook the lamb for 3-5 minutes, sealing all sides until just brown.
- Transfer lamb into slow cooker and add all the other ingredients except for the fresh coriander.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours. Serve with fresh coriander.
- Don’t forget to freeze your extra leftovers or enjoy for a few more days!