This recipe for Spinach and Dill Savoury Muffins is from our recipe book, Get Merry. In the recipe book, we had it serve 2 people… so we’ve doubled it. Because even if you are cooking for 2 people you definitely want leftovers!
This recipe makes the best meal prep brekky when you are short on time or just trying to juggle… all the things!
Also, spinach and dill is a winning food combo. We’ve used parmesan cheese in this recipe but do feel free to swap it to feta or actually do both. We’re always up for more cheese.
You’ll notice that this recipe is straightforward to make… that’s because all our cooking and recipes must be easy. We love home-cooked food but we’re not huge on spending hours in the kitchen, especially when it comes to weekday meals. We want every meal to be delicious BUT we know some meals are more ‘special’ and take up more of our time (with joy!) than others.
Like when you invite people over for a meal, spending more time in the kitchen is fun.
Or if you plan a special dinner with your partner, family or housemates. The cooking is fun.
But weekday brekky and dinners. We want it to be quick to make and delicious to eat!
And this recipe for Spinach and Dill Savoury Muffins ticks all the boxes!
Check out the recipe and if you make it let us know!
Emma + Carla
Ps. we will also add this delish recipe to our Get Merry recipe App. You can download it from both Apple and Android app stores. It has over 600 delicious recipes on it. Download here.
SPINACH AND DILL SAVOURY MUFFINS RECIPE
STUFF YOU NEED
For the muffins
- 150 g baby spinach chopped
- 100 g parmesan grated
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs. chia seeds
- 4 tbs. coconut flour
- 2 tbs. fresh dill chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line 4 x muffin cups, this recipe makes 4 BIG muffins.
- In a food processor or blender mix the eggs and butter on high speed, until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add half the cheese and all of the sunflower seeds, chia seeds, coconut flour, dill and salt and pepper.
- Mix again on medium speed until combined.
- Stir through the chopped spinach.
- Evenly divide into the 4 muffin cups and top with extra sunflower seeds and the rest of the cheese.
- Place into the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool slightly, enjoy!