Do you ever notice that you cook the same things every week? Yes, we love routine, routine works, but it also gets a little boring sometimes. You feel us? This is why we think you will love this healthy and easy sticky pork fried cauli rice recipe.
It mixes up your weekday dinners. It’s super easy to whip up after work and you can even be super organised by marinating the meat the morning of and cutting up the veggies. Then just fry it all up!
If pork isn’t your favourite style and flavour, simply swap to chicken, beef, bacon, eggs or even add more veggies and make it vegan/vego! Whatever your heart and tummy desire.
Also if you don’t need/want the sticky factor skip the honey. Easy peasy!
If you make this delish as sticky pork fried cauli rice recipe let us know! Share a pic with us via email or share it on your social media. We love seeing them.
This recipe will also appear on the Get Merry app! If you want all the Merrymaker recipes in one handy super easy to search space this app is for you! Check it out HERE.
This is an epic review about the Get Merry App. Thanks Sarah!
These girls are AMAZING and their name says it all, ‘Merry’!! The most energetic and merriest girls around! My sister and I have been following Carla and Emma for years now. Following their journey and making all of their Merry food. I am yet to find a recipe that doesn’t work or that I didn’t devour in 10 seconds! Such yummy and healthy food! Most of the time I have the ingredients on hand, so you don’t need to worry about going out to the supermarket.
This app is ‘SIMPLY THE BEST’ and a game changer. Do you feel like mixing it up? Or, you don’t know what you feel like after a long day at work?! The Merrymakers have it covered! Simply shake your phone and let the technology universe decide for you, plus you get to have fun at the same time! Do you have certain ingredients in the fridge? Type one of the ingredients in the search bar, and BANG all of the recipes will come up with that ingredient in it.
This is a modern recipe book that is super cheap, and easy to follow. There are so many recipes, PLUS the girls are constantly updating and adding new recipes each week. So what are you waiting for?! Don’t go out and spend money on a coffee today, make one at home and buy this app! You will be feeling merry, looking merry and your house will be smelling merry in no time!”
DOn’t think we could have said it any better than that! We’re so grateful for everyone who has downloaded the Get Merry app. We’re more motivated than ever to bring more app only recipes to you! Watch this space! Download it today!
Emma + Carla
- 500 g (1 lb.) pork strips or mince
- 100 g (3 ½ oz.) button mushrooms sliced
- 100 g snow peas sliced
- 2 shallots sliced
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- ½ cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tbs. fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 2 cm (1 inch) piece fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbs. coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 1 tbs. honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 tbs. sesame seeds
- coconut oil
- In a marinating container mix together the shallots, lime, chilli, ginger, coconut aminos, and honey.
- Add the pork pieces and stir to coat. Leave in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, grate the cauliflower florets or use a food processor or blender to create ‘rice’. Set aside.
- In a large frypan on high heat, melt a little coconut oil. Add the pork pieces and marinade and fry for 5 minutes, turning so all sides cook evenly.
- Add the capsicum, snow peas and mushrooms, fry for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add the grated cauliflower and fry for 5 minutes, stirring so all the ingredients are nicely cooked.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, fresh coriander and extra chilli if you like!
- If pork isn’t your thing, swap to beef or chicken or bacon or egg or go vego!