Who doesn’t love a burger? And these Thai chicken burgers will not disappoint! We went the whole way and even made paleo buns to go with them! If you can’t be bothered (us usually) or if you’re low carbing it… simply serve with a bowl of salad. We feel like this picture doesn’t have enough salad anyway.
This recipe is from our recipe book, Get Merry. It’s a book filled with 95 health, mostly paleo recipes. They’re all quick and easy to make, there’s a stack of perfect epic weekday recipes inside this cookbook.
Another thing we really like about these recipes is that you choose the thing you want to make and it’s got everything on that one page. There are hardly any (see page 8 for recipe) in the ingredient lists… maybe none?! Does anyone else dislike that in other cookbooks… or just us?
If you make these delish Thai chicken burgers let us know, share a pic with us on social media.
Emma + Carla
Thai Chicken Burgers
STUFF YOU NEED
FOR THE CHICKEN BURGERS
- 500 g (1 lb) chicken mince
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 red chilli diced
- 2 cm (1 inch) fresh piece ginger grated
- 2 tbs fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tbs coconut aminos or tamari sauce
FOR THE BUNS
- 1 cup cassava/arrowroot/tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 cup chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 egg whisked
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1⁄2 iceberg lettuce shredded
- Start with the burger buns. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the cassava flour and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Gradually add the water and oil, stirring, until a sticky paste forms.
- Add the whisked egg and continue to stir.
- Add the sesame seeds and salt and pepper.
- With wet hands, roll handfuls of mixture. It should make around 6 small rolls.
- Place the rolls onto the tray.
- Sprinkle each roll with some extra sesame seeds and a little more salt.
- Place into the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the rolls cook get onto the chicken burgers.
- Place all the chicken burger ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Then split into 8 equal parts, roll into balls and flatten into patties.
- In a large fry pan melt a little coconut oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken burgers and cook for about 5 minutes, flip and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, place on a plate and cover with foil.
- The bread rolls should be pretty much ready.
- Take out of the oven, wait a couple minutes before cutting in half.
- Top the bottom of the bun with avocado, lettuce, tomato, then the chicken burger pattie and finish with the top bun!