We have a feeling you’re going to love this raw carrot cake recipe. It’s one of those surprisingly delicious healthy sweet treats. You can also find this recipe in our ebook, along with over 90 other delish and easy recipes. Grab your copy here.
We made ours in muffin trays but if you can’t be bothered or if you’re short on time simply make one big cake. Also, feel free to skip the layer thing too. Just make one cake and put the icing on top… hehe if you’re anything like us, this is what you’ll do hehe.
If you make this recipe or any other recipe let us know! Send a pic to us on Instagram, we are the @themerrymakersisters.
Also, check out this delish recipe on the Get Merry recipe app over HERE! There are over 500 recipes on that thing. WOW!
Ok, get cooking!
Emma + Carla
The best raw carrot cake
STUFF YOU NEED
CARROT CAKE LAYER
- 3 large carrots peeled and grated (about 3 1⁄2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted dates (soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes then drained)
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours then drained)
- 1 large lemon juice and rind
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 2 tbs natural sweetener
- pinch of salt
- Line a muffin tray, spring form cake tin or use 6 silicon moulds like we did.
- Start with the carrot layer.
- Place dates and half the walnuts into your food processor or blender, whiz until smooth.
- Add the rest of the walnuts, carrot, coconut, spices and salt, blend until just combined. Set aside.
- Rinse the blender and move onto the frosting.
- Place all the ingredients into the blender and whiz until super dooper smooth.
- Now it’s time to layer it up!
- Press 1⁄4 cups of carrot cake mixture into the moulds, followed by a scoop of frosting, spread it evenly.
- Place into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place another 1⁄3 cup of carrot cake mixture on top of the first layer of frosting.
- Place into the freezer for 2 hours.
- Carefully turn out then... with the remaining frosting, blend it with 1⁄4 cup water to make it smooth and pour on top when you’re ready to serve! LOOKS EPIC!