We grew up loving grapes… delish, juicy sweet green grapes. The past year we’ve been avoiding these sweet little delights but we’ve decided it’s time to embrace the Australian Grape! We stopped eating grapes because of the fructose levels. Instead we were trying to stick to lower fructose fruits like berries. But summer is here and grapes + summer = perfection! Through a little experimentation, we’ve also had a bit of a merrymaker brain wave… we actually feel great when we eat most high fructose fruits! Not every day, but a few times a week is perfectly healthy for us!
We also realised we forgot about all the GOOD STUFF in these high fructose fruits we’d cut out completely, in fact grapes are packed with some amazing health benefits!
Why are Grapes Good for Me?
- Grapes are packed with Vitamin C! This helps build collagen and boosts immunity (yes, they’ll make you feel amazing!).
- Grapes are full of magnesium! This helps your digestion, maintains energy, muscle and nerve functions.
- Grapes contain resveratrol! Hello healthy hearts! Resveratrol is as an anti-inflammatory and promotes heart health and longevity!
We’ve been having a little fun with grapes (throwing them up in the air and catching them in our mouths is a new merrymaker game we like to play) and we’re not just eating them by the handful or in fruit salads. Grapes are super versatile and go with heaps of things (it’s true… not just cheese and wine!).
Emma + Carla
p.s this recipe features in our Make It Merry cookbook along with 70 other quick, easy and delish recipes to boost your health and happiness!
- 1 bunch green grapes
- 4 slices pancetta chopped
- 150g (5 oz.) baby spinach/red beetroot leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts, crushed
- 2 tbs. goats feta crumbled
- On a large plate place the baby spinach/beetroot leaves followed by the pancetta, grapes, feta and walnuts. Enjoy!
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of lemon if you like!