These zucchini and carrot bites are the most delicious savoury snack. They’re also perfect for an easy breakfast, whip up a big batch next weekend and enjoy through the week. Also, kids have been known to LOVE them, you could even add chopped up bacon to add to the delish factor.
This recipe is from our Get Merry cookbook. We have just a handful of hard copy books left! You can grab your copy HERE. Also available in eBook!
If you make these yummy healthy zucchini and carrot bites share a pic with us on social media!
Emma + Carla
- 2 medium zucchinis grated
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 shallot sliced
- 2 tbs. fresh coriander chopped
- 2 eggs whisked
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Squeeze out the excess juice from the grated zucchini and carrot with a tea towel
- Mix the zucchini, carrot, shallot and coriander in a large bowl. Add the eggs, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Sift the coconut flour into the mix and stir.
- Take spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into bite sized balls.
- Place the bites onto the baking tray and into the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yum by themselves but extra yum served with mashed avocado or Greek yoghurt mixed with a little coriander and lemon juice.