During episode 221 we touched on the topic of loneliness and it sparked interest from many of you. Next minute we read an ABC article talking about a recent Aussie study on loneliness.
The study found that the most lonely age group is 18-24 and that inner-city dwellers are more lonely than rural communities. It also mentioned that loneliness increases the risk of death more than things as poor diet, obesity, alcohol consumption and lack of exercise, and that it is as harmful as heavy smoking.
So… it’s time to check-in.
Are you feeling lonely? And if the answer is yes… tune in to this episode.
Stuff we talked about…
- What are we doing before we get lonely?
- Social media and how it can make us more lonely… or can make us feel connected. We must use it consciously.
- Surrounded by people and still lonely.
- Does it begin with disconnection to self or other people?
- Lack of purpose, lack of acceptance and the should be’s.
- What can you do when you’re lonely.
If you loved this episode please rate and review the episode on iTunes or share the episode with someone you love.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Other stuff we mentioned:
TED TALK: What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness. Watch it here.
ABC article: The four loneliest types of people in Australia. Read here.
Mythology podcast: Check out this new podcast we’re listening to right now… we listened to Athena Part 1: War and Wisdom and also part 1.
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Photo by Jordan McQueen on Unsplash