In this episode, we chat about underrated (and overrated) skills.
You might have this whole set of amazing skills that you don’t even recognize as skills!
But also, it’s important to reflect, because maybe we need to give these underrated skills a little more attention!
Stuff we talk about…
- How being really smart or having a bachelor’s degree is not necessary in order to be successful.
- How being a loud and boisterous person at a network meeting is overrated.
- Networking and relationship-building can both be overrated and underrated skills.
- Good conversation is an underrated skill, it’s important to listen and respond without bringing yourself into it.
- Assertiveness is another underrated skill, especially for women as we somehow get the msg that it’s something to be ashamed of.
- Empathy is the number 1 underrated skill but how can we work on it and not let our emotions take over?
- Everything is compromised if we cannot manage our stress and thoughts.
- Disciplined and the ability to overcome resistance, more underrated skills.
If you have anything to add, get in touch! We’d love to hear from you!
And, come join us in our Do It In 20 Challenge happening right now inside MerryBody. Get ready for 20 Days, 20 Yoga + Pilates Classes, 20 Meditations.
The best bit? You’ll do it in around 20 minutes a day. Move your body, find your joy and reignite your love for life. Come and join the fun! You can sign up here.
If you have a request on what topic to feature on this podcast, send us a DM on Instagram or Facebook, or email us.
If you loved this episode please rate and review our podcast and share it with someone you love. Thank you for tuning in and being here!
Emma + Carla
P.s If you ever need help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Pp.s Find all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Photo by Emma Matthews Digital Content Production on Unsplash