Have you ever felt that putting on those few extra kilos consumes your mind and steals all your attention? Why does putting on a few kilos have to be a problem? Why do we even have to make it a big deal? For many of us, (and this has been 100% us in the past!) putting on weight is one of the biggest issues in our lives.
And during this whole pandemic thing, we’ve both actually put a few extra kilos on. We’ve spoken to a number of people who have also and we’ve overheard several conversations about missions to lose weight.
In this episode, we chat about why a little weight gain during a global pandemic (but anytime really!) doesn’t have to be the end of the world. Instead, we can choose to see it as an amazing opportunity to experience growth.
Stuff we talked about…
- You’re amazing. You’re still awesome. But it’s also OK to work on yourselves.
- How acceptance can help us make better decisions and decide from a place of love instead of fear.
- Be kind to yourself and give yourself a bit of leeway.
- We put such high standards of ourselves and this takes us away from experiencing the magic of life. (Tune in to Episode 257: Check in with your expectations and life will be better)
- If you put on a few kilos, it DOES NOT matter. Period.
- STOP – Stop. Take a deep breath. Observe how you feel. Proceed.
- Taking away the attachment of what is good and bad. Our body is just what it is. (Tune in to Episode 258: Negative body image, interview with clinical psychologist Miriam Emad)
We loved this chat so much! And, it is getting us excited for our next challenge inside MerryBody. It’s the 10-Day Body Confidence Challenge starting on the 20th of August.
We will use Yoga, Pilates, Meditation, Breathwork and daily action steps to welcome in more body confidence. We will share everything that we ahve learnt and what we do that has helped us create acceptance with our bodies.
If you’re not yet a MerryBody member and want to be part of this challenge, you can sign up at www.themerrymakersisters.com/merrybody and enjoy our 7-day FREE trial.
Emma + Carla