In the past, when we knew someone didn’t like us, the usual reaction would be something like… what have I done? There must be something wrong with me and I need to change to make sure they like me.
The desire to feel accepted is human nature. But it’s also natural that not everyone will like you.
If you’re forever thinking you need to change so others like you more… this episode is for you! If you’re a people pleaser, this episode is for you!
Stuff we talked about…
- The obsession with the external validation of others can come from a lack of self-worth and self-acceptance.
- Not everyone is going to like you. You’re not going to like everybody either. And, that’s OK!
- Value and enjoy your time alone.
- Don’t be afraid to share your opinion/truth because you fear they won’t agree with you and get offended by you.
- You’re living to your own accord. You’re not living to please others. Listen to Episode 216 on How to stop being a people pleaser.
- Try not take things personally. It’s ok if you feel you’re not liked.
If you’ve got questions, comments, feedback or story, share them with us by sending us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or on our Facebook and Instagram account @themerrymakersisters.
Join us for 7 Days of guided Yoga and Meditation sessions starting October 5. The classes are just 25 minutes or less. Experience absolute bliss, movement and a deep feeling of calm. Sign up at: https://themerrymakersisters.com/7days/
Emma + Carla