This episode is about creating your own space, your own bubble away from the rest of the world. Must say, upon reflection, it comes from a world of privilege, as not everyone can escape their world. At the end of recording this podcast episode we had a real moment of ‘why would anyone want to listen to us’ moment. Yes, we still get them. Even though thousands of people tune in every week (what the heck… this still blows our minds, and thank YOU for listening).
But this episode, in particular, we kind of just rambled on about our thoughts. What was going on in our lives this. Maybe you’ll get something from it, hopefully, you will! Hahaha.
The crazy thing but, after this moment of who are we to think people want to listen to us, we had 2 messages on Instagram from amazing women telling us how much they loved the podcast. So thank YOU. Those messages meant a lot and they might even be the reasons why we hit publish on this episode.
This episode is about creating your own space, your own bubble away from the rest of the world. Must say, upon reflection, it comes from a world of privilege, as not everyone can escape their world. We wish we mentioned that on the episode… butahhhh lessons from self-reflection are a magical thing.
We also get on the topic of taking that path that is less travelled. The freshness of getting away from your routine and knowing that your path less travelled might actually be a path that is well travelled.
Stuff we talked about…
- When you step out of your usual routine, you have more space for ideas to flow in.
- Reading someone’s book can take you into another world, another bubble.
- Go inwards and ask yourself “what do you know you need to do that you’re not doing?”
- If you feel like you’re travelling on someone else’s path, then you’re not on the right path.
- As you grow and get older, you begin to learn more about yourself and the world around you.
- There’s no reason why we can’t experience something different in the confinement of our homes.
Any questions or topic ideas send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram account @themerrymakersisters.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.