Money really is one of our favourite subjects. It was always such a taboo topic for us, but as we got into business we fast realised that we had to get comfortable about the topic.
This episode is inspired by a very expensive strawberry tart that Damiano bought on the weekend. It was so pretty and really quite delicious… but the unexpected price tarnished the whole experience.
Have you ever had one of those experiences, where you go to the counter and purchase something, they give you the price and the EFTPOS machine and it’s about double or triple what you thought it would be? Then you just tap your card and feel resentful after and you don’t enjoy your strawberry tart (or whatever it was you bought). Yeh, us too.
The purpose of this episode is help you feel empowered with your money and not be ashamed to ask for what you want (even if it feels silly). And yeh, we are just talking about a strawberry tart… but this strawberry tart represents a lot.
Stuff we talked about…
- Your money is your money. You get to do what you want with it.
- The customer is not always right. But, it’s important for a business owner to treat each customer with respect and understanding.
- Word of mouth is the best kind of marketing.
- If you are in a position where you can invest in something, then do. There are always risks in investing and also in not investing.
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Have a buffer and a rainy day savings account.
- Ask for a refund, only when the refund is valid.
- Practising the little things can help with the big things.
Start with the first step. Read a book. Listen to money podcasts. Talk to financial advisors and accountants. Talk to friends about money.
Be empowered with your money. Have fun spending and saving it.
Come and join use for our FREE 3-day core challenge where you’ll get access to daily core-focused classes in less than 10 minutes each. Sign up at https://themerrymakersisters.com/core-challenge/.
Emma + Carla