Are you a shopaholic? Yes? Maybe you wear it as a badge of honour? But have you ever stopped and questioned what this habit costs you? And we’re not just talking about your pocket here!
Stuff we talked about…
- When you make a purchase you get a dopamine hit. But after that, you feel buyer’s remorse.
- Where you spend money tells us what you value the most in life.
- Think before buying. If you don’t have self-awareness, you’ll get sucked in with marketing.
- Instead of thinking about what you lack, think about what you have.
- Contentment, acceptance and getting real with yourself can help you get out of the thought pattern that you need more to be more.
- Acknowledge environmental issues when you shop. Your purchase is making an impact on the environment no matter how big or small it is.
Watch out for the next episode as we talk about multiple income streams and how to bring them into your life, not so you can shop more, but to create financial freedom!
Any questions or topic ideas, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram account @themerrymakersisters.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Come and join use for our FREE 3-day core challenge where you’ll get access to daily core-focused classes in less than 10 minutes each. Sign up at https://themerrymakersisters.com/core-challenge/.
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.