In this episode, we chat about my nose job. Emma has been asking me to write a blog post about my nose job experience and finally, I did. Here’s the full story: No, you shouldn’t get a nose job (advice from someone who has had two). It got so many comments I wanted to chat about it further on the podcast.
Stuff we talked about…
- I thought I had a ‘bad and ugly nose’.
- I thought the ideal nose was a small button nose. I thought fixing my big nose would make me the best version of myself.
- Your uniqueness and your magic is the beautiful thing about you. Your differences are what make you amazing.
- If you’re struggling with a body part of yours, remember that there’s nothing to be ‘fixed’ with your body.
The only thing that needs to be fixed is your sense of beauty, your thoughts around the word beautiful and what it means to be beautiful.
- If I can use my story of pain and regret to help someone not to go through with it, I feel like there’s a purpose to my journey then. Maybe I can help someone learn my lesson before they need to learn their lesson.
- If you consider any form of body-changing surgery, think about it again and everything that’s involved. You’re so much more than what you look like. You are your kindness, humour, creativity, compassion. You’re all of them.
If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Join our 5-day MerryBody Challenge and get direct access to 10 minute Yoga and Pilates classes. Sign up at themerrymakersisters.com/5days
Emma + Carla