We published a new eBook about Yoga and Chakras. You can get your copy over here!
We want to first mention that the Chakra System is an ancient philosophy, we are not experts at all. We first heard of the Chakra system through our Yoga practice. Working with the Chakras has helped us feel more self-connection and created more self-awareness. It’s also helped us through hard times, mainly through breakups and business troubles. This was a really fun chat, let us know what you think.
Stuff we talked about…
- Yogis mapped out the Nadi or energy lines within the body. The Ancient Chinese called these Chi or the meridian lines.
- There are about 72,000 Nadi lines and Chakras lie where these Nadi lines cross and intersect the most.
- Muladhara is at the base of the spine and it’s our connection to the Earth. It is grounding and building strong foundations, whether in relationships, job or financial aspects.
- Svadhisthana is directly linked to sexual health, sexual pleasure, but also pleasure just in life in general. It’s how much you actually let yourself enjoy your life.
- Manipura is the solar plexus chakra that’s just above the belly button below the ribcage. This is your seat of power and confidence.
- Anahata is the heart chakra. When your heart is open, you allow yourself to experience the joy or the happiness that might float in.
- Vishuddha chakra is the throat chakra and it’s all about speaking your truth and honesty.
- Ajna is the third eye and it’s located between the eyebrows. This is your seat of inner wisdom or intuition.
- Sahasrara or the crown chakra is the only chakra that lies outside of the body. It is about palms height above the head. It is your connection to the divine power.
Download our FREE Beginner’s Guide to the Chakras at themerrymakersisters.com/chakra/. Basically, it has all the information about what we spoke about in a much easier way to digest. It also has different yoga poses and a mantras for each chakra.
If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Emma + Carla