Sometimes, we focus on the end result without realizing that the journey was actually the magic. It was actually the prize.
Stuff we talked about…
- We live in a goal-orientated world, and anything less than ‘the best’ is not good enough.
- “Follow your bliss.” — Joseph Campbell.
- In today’s age, the obsession with that end goal can be the destroyer of the journey.
- It’s very easy to let your desires take over, stress you out and make you feel that you’re not doing enough.
- It all comes back to acceptance and presence.
- Find gratitude in the harder moments of your journey.
- When your goals are creating unhappiness, distress and suffering, then it’s time to check in with yourself and remember the important things. Listen to 302: This one mindset shift will help you work towards your goals
The journey is full of ebbs and flows, dark and light, and your job is to navigate it to the best of your ability.
We would love to hear from you. If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Photo by Matt Duncan on Unsplash