Do you suffer from low self-esteem and have a habit of running a constant self-hating monologue in your mind, this episode is for you. This chat was inspired by our previous episodes about how to stop talking about dieting and the epidemic of body image anxiety.
In this episode, we talk about HOW to overcome negative body image and self-criticism. How do we stop our constant self-criticism and this negative view of ourselves?
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- Awareness is the first step. You need to acknowledge that you have a negative self-image. Having the intention that you want to make a change is step two. Then, you take action.
- How do we become self-aware?
- Be honest with yourself and acknowledge that sometimes you do need to make changes.
- Many people think that dieting is the answer to the problem of self-hate. It’s like, you hate yourself then you have this bright idea that if you go on a diet and lose weight and then you’ll love yourself. It’s all conditional love!
- The philosophy of Yoga teaches us to be kind to ourselves, as well as compassionate and caring.
- Journaling, meditation, yoga, and Pilates are tools that can help switch your thoughts to a more accepting mindset.
- When we are present, we can let go of the self-criticising thoughts.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self care.
Emma + Carla