Are you stuck in a rut? How do you get out? Similar to last week’s podcast episode… just reminding you all that you can change. So if you are feeling blah, flat and in a rut… tune in, it’s time to get you out of that rut!
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- According to Oxford Languages, a rut is a habit or pattern of behaviour that has become dull and unproductive but is hard to change.
- Ruts aren’t necessarily a long-time thing. Sometimes, ruts come in moments in your day.
- We think the best way to get out of that funky rut feeling is to move and shake up your body. Literally, jump and dance around to your fave song.
- If you’re stuck in a job that you hate, check in with what you can add or subtract to make it better.
- Change is hard and scary but it’s the ultimate shake-up of ruts and can make a 180-degree life turn.
- Adding a new goal or something else to focus on helps alleviate your original rut situation. Like a 50 day Yoga Challenge.
- Talk to a friend about your rut, do something fun and creative, watch inspirational documentaries, or learn something new.
If you have been stuck in a rut but are now inspired to jump into one of these action steps, we would love to hear from you, send us an email to [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you to leave us a five star review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Photo by JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash