This episode is inspired by one of Ingrid Fetell Lee’s Instagram Stories talking about cool being the opposite of joy. It’s a fun chat, a random chat! It will help you reflect on what actions stop you from feeling joy.
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- Being cool is taking away all your awkward, quirky parts and stealing so much joy. You don’t want to be too loud and have that weird laugh, so you quiet down.
- When we accept ourselves, we also stop judging others.
- A joy-filled life is being you. It’s being authentic.
- When you don’t accept yourself, are you being present? Are you truly enjoying ANY moment?
- Judgment can also be the opposite of joy.
- Presence is a key to joy. Mindful practices can help train your brain to be more present.
Step forward with your truth knowing that when you accept yourself, you’ll find the right people to surround yourself with. You’ll experience more presence and more joy.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self-care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla