At Carla’s recent Hen Parties (yes… there were 2!) everyone wrote a piece of advice regarding marriage and relationships. A common thread was about keeping your individual selves within the marriage. It’s quite easy to lose yourself in a relationship, married or not! We chat on this topic and more.
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- When Joel and I started dating five years ago, I definitely lost myself in the beginning. The book Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estés completely changed my life and how I approach my relationship.
- It’s a lot easier to keep your individual self when you have a really strong sense of yourself.
- Why setting boundaries and prioritising the relationship with yourself is important.
- Don’t wait for the relationship, do all the things alone.
- What to do if you have lost yourself?
If you loved this episode, we would love to hear from you, send us an email to [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
If you want to try something new, our upcoming 200 hours yoga teacher training program is for you.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self-care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Photo by Everton Vila on Unsplash